Thursday, October 2, 2008

Just a QUICK Post!

This week is flying by!



I have a lot of things going on right now. My Dad is getting married next week, so a lot of family just flew in. 6 people staying in a 2 bedroom, less than 1000 sq. ft. condo will be fun.



I picked up Chris Lieto at the airport and saw a few items he picked up at the Health Food Store. All things that I don't eat. HAHA! I'm so bad when it comes to healthy nutrition. Something I really should work on next year. My Coach, Mitch Gold with Counterpart Coaching flew in.



I've meet and talked to a few other pro's, including TJ Tollakson, Torbjorn Sindballe and Max Longree. All really great guys!



While training with Chris, I asked him some questions. Today, at Bike Works I asked Torbjorn similar questions. The difference's between them are amazing! I figured out you just have to find out what works for you and your own style. My style of riding seems to be in the middle, a mixture of Torbjorn's Strength for pushing big gears and Chris' Speed for accelerations. The biggest difference between myself and these Elite athlete's are our size. Needless to say I'm still finding my style!



Work has been a little busier with all the cruise ships coming in. 2 yesterday, 2 today, plus the usual customers. Yesterday, while at the pier waiting in line at number 18 in the taxi rotation, I noticed a familiar face. It was Max's sister! Max was off for an ocean swim and she was just standing there looking bored. I'm not one to miss out on a good opportunity, so I talked to her for about an hour. Possibly planned some fun things for us to do, before or after Ironman. This is great because it helps with the anxiousness. Waiting for the big day can be nerve racking, but when your mind can think about other things it relieves some pressure. ;)






1 comments:

BreeWee said...

I miss you and Kona so much! When Jim dropped me at the airport Tuesday we saw you on a taxi run...

Happy taper Cody, yeah, find your own style! I think I am finally finding mine too. We got a lot to learn but it will only make us that much better when we get there. Whatever you do never try someone elses nutrition plan! Made that mistake in Kentucky and darn it hurt walking most the run while puking!

Have fun with the wedding planning, LOVE it, congrats to your pops! Oh... post photos if you get any cool dates with "you know who"!

All the best!
Need anything from Texas?