Monday, November 9, 2009

REJUVENATED!!!

Starting Fresh! I'm finally healed enough from my fractured Calcanius injury to start working out again. It only took 8 months of rest and 2 more months of physical therapy. I started masters swimming up again, although i made it all 3 days one week and 0 the next, it still feels great. My 100yd swim splits were way faster then expected. 1:16-1:18 for just coming back and I was able to hold that. Simply Amazed! Then, my first bike ride on my new bike "Mac", was this past Saturday (my birthday) at the Hawaii Cycling Club ride. I amazed myself once again! It was as if I never left or took so much time off. Still Jamming and keeping up with all the main riders. Pushing them through the sprint finishes, taking pulls, it was GREAT! The only thing left is the Run. I still have a couple more physical therapy sessions and I'm at about 90% with the injury. My physical therapist said no running yet. The goal is to be up and running by December. Stay in Touch cause the Rookie Triathlete in Training will hopefully be back in full action by December!

0 comments: