Wednesday, November 12, 2008

REFRESHING!!!


During the past few day's Kona has seen a bump in the surf. Just a little bump. The waves were perfect size to take my little brother and his buddy out to magic sands. The sets were around 4ft. but to them it probably seemed like 10ft. I went to the point where the waves were a little bigger. The wait was long but once the waves came in it was well worth it. On a couple of the waves I was able to ride it all the way from the point into the bay. This is called a "bay runner". Sunday's surf forecast is looking good so far. Possibly the biggest swell all year! The only sad thing is waiting to see if we get hit. You just never know! Oahu's forecast is a North West Swell at 20+ft, but we usually get 1/2 of what they forecast, if we get any at all.

This past weekend I went on a road trip with my friend. At 11:00 Saturday night we decided to drive to Hilo. We stayed at his cousins house who was happy to see us. We meet up with some friends and had a night in Hilo town. We liked Hilo so much we didn't come back until 10:00 on Sunday night. Spurt of the moment adventures! GOTTA LOVE UM!

The next adventure is a camping trip in the mountains. I've done once before and it was a blast. It's like survivor man! Take the essentials and rough it! We get dropped off at the top of the mountain and start hiking until the sun gets ready to set. Then, we set up camp for the night. The next morning you pack up and hike out until you see a road. You see so many amazing things, I'll try to get a camera and take pictures. I've heard from a few sources about a parrot cave. This trip I'll be on the lookout for that!

Earlier today I went out for a great ocean swim. My friend was leading the way on his stand up paddle board. This was awesome to have company! The weather was great and the ocean was smooth. It felt like I was stretching out good, which made me feel like I was gliding in the water. Now my Triceps are sore! Good indicator that things went smooth!

LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER GOOD WEEK AHEAD!

1 comments:

BreeWee said...

Nice week... where in the world are you?! Still no swimming???