Friday, May 22, 2009

6 months from the last post! WOW!

WOW! It's been 6 months since my last post. I forgot all about this blog page. I'm sure everyone is wondering what is going on with Cody. I'll start with the most significant thing that changed a lot of my plans for 2009.




On December 25, Christmas Night, I was messing around and fell off a rock wall. I fell about 2 stories and landed right on my heel. I ended up fracturing my Calcaneus (heel) in 5 places. Doctors said I will be out for 6 months or so. As of today about 5 months since the accident my heel is still recovering. I'm able to swim and ride, but not run. If I ride too hard my heel will be sore for days. It feels like my heel is getting better, but injuries like these take a really long time to heal and may never be the same. I'm hoping for the best and taking it a step at a time.




Currently, I just moved out to California last month. I've been here for just over a month now. It's AWESOME! I love it! I live near Redondo Beach. There's a ton of places to ride. In particular there's a long beach strip called "The Strand" that goes for miles. Tomorrow, I'm planning a group ride with the "South Bay Wheelman Club". I'll probably be here for at least 6 months.




Being a local triathlete that's sitting on the sideline injured is tough. Everyone asks if your doing Ironman or how's training going. Doing triathlons is a great outlet for me. It takes up a lot of free time and gives me direction and focus. Walking with a limp and not being able to run or be my speedy self was really depressing. I WAS CRUSHED AND DOWN FOR MONTHS! That's the main reason for me not updating this page and moving away for a little while. I'm taking things slow and if all goes well with the heel I'll be back for the 2010 season. There's the update!




ALOHA!

0 comments: