Thursday, September 25, 2008

2007 Ironman World Championship's (Flashbacks)


SWIM 1:03 BIKE 5:30 RUN 3:49

It's already begun! Last night was the first night where it was hard for me to fall asleep. Last year's time's and splits were rolling through my head. Then I started to think about what could happen this year. I have no idea what started it, but I have some ideas.

1) All the athlete's starting to arrive in Kona.

2) The pro's swimming at the pool.

3) The many unknown riders riding on the Queen K.

I'm sure it was a number of things that got me excited and the thoughts just wouldn't stop flying around my head. I'll let you into the thinking mind of Cody while trying to sleep.

1) The numerous different splits you can swim, bike and run to complete your race.

2) The many unknown factors that mother nature will produce on race day.

3) Training up until race day. How I've trained in so many different conditions.

4) My strategy for race day, strengths and weakness'.

5) Expectations of myself. Goals!

6) How anything is truly possible and to throw all this out the window and run my race!

Number 6 is what my conclusion was before I actually fell asleep. People have asked me "what time do you want to finish in"? "What place", "How will you do in your age group"? "What did you do it in last year"? I've already answered many of these questions, but now the answers will be different. The slogan for Ironman is a good one. "ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE"! With this said, my new answer is I'm running my race and what happens, happens. I've trained harder and smarter than last year. Have a support team that is unmatched, both friends and family. I have 1 year of experience under my belt, which I believe has been valuable for me. Overall, I feel much stronger both physically and mentally. Previous races proved I'm faster. Only on race day will we find out how much stronger and faster I've become.

THE IRONMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS,

SWIM 1.2 MILES, BIKE 112 MILES, RUN 26.2 MILES,

"BRAG FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE"!





1 comments:

BreeWee said...

That's right! Your support crew is UNMATCHED! Since I am not racing, all this TIME on my hands, you better believe I will be chalking and stalking you big time come race day!

Get in the little bubble...