Thursday, September 18, 2008

FEELING GOOD!



Here's a good random photo! In Track I ran everything from the 400 to the 5K including this AWESOME event the STEEPLECHASE! Please don't tell ASI I got this photo! ;)





Sunday:
My longest run of the year so far. 17 miles! I felt good and stayed on a steady pace the whole time. My very first and only marathon was Ironman last year. I'm very excited to see what happens on my second go!


Monday:
Masters swimming and work. Pretty boring day!


Tuesday:
Biked with Breezo! Easy day, only went to the scenic and back while Bree went on. Good thing too cause I heard it got pretty windy. HAHA! Missed out on the 6mph crawl fun!


Wednesday:
Swimming 101, I was informed of a technique change! More reach with the right and follow through with the left. Worked on this that morning and thought about it all day. Couldn't wait to work on it at masters!
Masters, got bumped down to lane 3 to slow me down and work on technique. This got frustrating at times, but it was for the better. I'm thankful Coach Steve did this because everyone was chipper and ready to swim fast this day. Everyone's good attitude and happiness rubs off on me and makes me want to swim fast too! Happy to get demoted down a lane to focus on the basics, which in the long run will allow me to step it up!


Today Thursday:
Rode with Breezo and Davo out to the Vet. cemetary and then it was my turn to go on. Luckily the wind wasn't to bad today. A little head wind on the way out and caught the tail wind on the way back. Today, I felt awesome on this long easy endurance ride. My nutrition was on point along with the fluid intake. After the bike I did a :40 minute brick run, which went awesome! I still think I'm starting out a little to fast. Really trying to get this part dialed in.

Here's a pic for the ladies! This is one of my own shots and please don't steal it without permission!



3 comments:

Linsey Corbin said...

You dork. I thought you said you weren't doing anything this week but some easy swims.

BreeWee said...

You are not a dork, she is a KOOK! Cody, I can hardly wait to cheer you on! I am so happy you got the nutrition and the pacing all set to go! Seriously, you and Dave are the greatest company ever! Thanks again for hanging with me :) We missed you at the ocean swim...
Night!

Anonymous said...

Wow......love your attention to pacing and details of nutrition.....soon this will be without even having to think about it and you can just ride/run away...you are on your way.....and yes....form over speed in swimming will yield unreal results in the long run. Nailing form in the water creates unreal speed without hardly any cost if fitness is there....(in your case it is).....I am very impressed with you Cody!! I am with Bree.......you will be well cheered for with your homies on the big day in October!!