Friday, August 22, 2008

5 hour ride on the Cervelo!!!

Yesterday, I had a 5 hour ride. No ordianary ride. I got to ride the Cervelo P3, which is what I'll use for Ironman. The last time I rode this bike was the Hawaii 70.3. This bike weighs 5 Ibs less than my Specialized and is more aerodynamic. It's simply INCREDIBLE. When I ride this bike I feel lightning fast!

I went through many climate changes while riding. Starting with the Hot, Sunny, Voggy, Kona afternoon, transitioned into windy Waikoloa, then got a little drizzle after Kawaihae. Closer to Hawi the Sun popped out the Vog disappeared and it got really humid. I rode through every kind of wind, Head, Tail and Crosswind. It was great riding in so many different conditions!

My nutrition went well, so no bonking! I was told to bike easy and push the hills after Kawaihae. I attacked every hill in the standing position. This was tough with the hefty crosswind because the bike is so light that it felt like it was going to blow me over. I hit my halfway mark about 3-4 miles before Hawi and turned around. The way home went just as good as the way there.

I went over 105 miles in the 5 hours! Felt great, nutrition was on point, the bike is AWESOME! Got home just before sunset, so I didn't have to ride in the dark.

This morning we had masters swim, which is also going great! My swimming is coming along as planned. My 100's are usually around 1:15 without doing a flip-turn. Jen Nottage said she's going to teach me a flip-turn, which is GREAT! Hopefully after I learn a flip-turn I'll be swimming sub 1:00's. Time to head out for a treadmill workout. CHEEHOO!

Have a GREAT WEEKEND!

P.S. Bree I'll be sending you fast telepathic messages all weekend, so keep channel 808 open! HAHA!

2 comments:

BreeWee said...

ha ha, hilarious... so wish you were here. YOU WOULD LOVE THIS RACE COURSE!! The bike loop has your name all over it so I will pretend to be as brave as you and attack it like you would!

Yeah, Jen needs to teach you to flip... you need to know that to get better with your speedy self :)

Man, that rides sounds awesome... way to nail the nutrition and hills. See ya soon!

Nottage Family said...

Yeah on the ride..having a no problemo on the way back is very, very telling...definitely a ride to keep in your back pocket for IM race day insurance....Wednesday; pool; early for Masters..flip turn 101....very important for overall swimming execution...this ole lady clocked a 57.4 on a timed 100 the day YOU climbed the Holy Moly Guacamole hill over yonder. Um....I did three (3) flip turns on that 100 free:) Wednesday; 5:30?