Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sea to Stars and Time Trial Results

HOLY MOLY WITH THE GAUCAMOLE!

The Sea to Stars race is CRAZY! I ended up in 7th place overall and 2nd in the Elite 4/5 Category with a time of 3:12:09. From the very get go of the race it was intense. I held with the lead guys for about the first 6-10 miles or so. The guy who won the race 2 years ago and holds the course record tried to make a break for it. At this point I was sitting in 8th place and the guy in front of me motioned for me to follow him to reel him back. We reeled him back and the guy I went with stayed in the front for about a minute or so then peeled back. This left me in the front pulling everybody going up hill. I must have pulled everyone for a good 4-5 minutes. I looked back a few times looking for someone else to move up, but they were comfortable where they were, so I just kept pushing on. Since no one would come to the front I decided to peel off to the right and let everyone pass me. Once they passed me I tried jumping back on the wheel of the last guy. They were moving a lot faster than I thought and was struggling to get back on. For about 2 miles I tried frantically to catch back on but wasn't able to do it. It was like trying to catch a train, but got left in the dust! For the rest of the race I was all alone. THIS RACE FELT LIKE TORTURE. NON STOP CLIMBING FOR 34 miles, starting at sea level and ending at about 9200ft. Great training day that goes in the IRONMAN BANK!

The Time Trial was more my style. 10.5 miles of all out! I finished 3rd overall with a time of 23:30, just 29 seconds behind 1st. This averages to 26.80 MPH. The legs and lower back were a little sore from climbing a mountain yesterday, but gritted it out and prevailed! Time to go to work now. ALOHA and have a great SUNDAY!

3 comments:

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Great results on both days. The time trial must have felt like a Bree-ze after climbing the mountain. Don't forget the Kaloko bike ride in December (I think). That is a lot of fun. I am just starting to get back into running. Watching the Olympics swimming live has been great.

BreeWee said...

Cody you crack me up... I can picture you riding up that beast just screaming in pain and dying to hang on!

Hey, wanna ride 2 hrs tomorrow? You can draft me... I mean, I need to draft you!

Dolphin Boy said...

Good job dude. Too bad those guys didn't help out pulling turns.

way to go on TT the following day!