Friday, August 8, 2008

My first blog posting!


Aloha!!!


Welcome to my blog! I hope you like reading about Swimming, Biking, Running and everything else that goes on in my chaotic young life. My grammar isn't perfect and I do have run on sentences, but who really cares anyway. HAHA! Thats the Hawaii public school system for you!


I'll start off by talking about swimming, considering I just got done with Steve Borowski's Masters swim course. Swimming doesn't get any easier that's for sure! It just get's a little more technical and a little faster with each practice. Just when I thought my form was on point, coach Steve pointed out something I was doing wrong. IT'S GREAT! With this little difference in my swim stroke it created soreness in muscles that weren't sore before.


This brings back a flashback of when I first started last year in the "GUPPY" lane. I knew nothing about swimming. Steve told me swim a length and lets see what you got. I remember taking 2 or 3 breathes and swimming like a madman. There was a big smile on his face and he said "we got a lot of work to do". LOL!!! I've come such a long way! HAHA! Now, I'm in lane 2 working my way up to lane 1 with the fast fishy's! I'm very fortunate and thankful to have such a great swim coach!


Tomorrow, is the "Sea to Stars" cycling race. Climbing Mauna Kea! For those of you that don't know it's actually the tallest mountain on Earth if you measure it from the sea floor. From sea level its almost 14,000ft. The race is 34 miles ending at 9200ft elevation. A few of hawaii's top cyclists will be competing and I'll be the first to tell you, I'm not going down without a fight! For those that know me, I can be pretty intense while cycling, staying in the front of the pack in any conditions. Charging up hills like its flat, bombing down descents like a bat out of hell. This race won't be easy and I'm surely not making it easy for the outer Island guys coming to my Island!


STAY TUNED FOR THE RESULTS



6 comments:

BreeWee said...

Cody!! You are going to do so awesome on that race! That is why I LOVE training with you, what a passion for racing/training/speed you have- so contagious! So... since we started this darn IM thing together last year... you got me by 1 second on the run (Kona 1/2), and you got my bike 16 seconds on the bike (40k at Lavaman), and the swim... oh man you are moving... thankfully I am still one lane ahead of you and I PLAN to keep it that way! ha ha!

HAVE fun tomorrow, I am cheering for you! SO wish I could be riding with you! Hey, I know we are still rookies at this IM distance but you better not be making plans to upgrade your training partner (me) anytime soon! ha ha

Dolphin Boy said...

Dude....nice background! Corvettes are my fav sports car besides the Italians!!(Ferrari's etc).

Good job with the swimming. I'm sure you will be in the "Dolphin" lane very soon. Swim right over Bree's back!!

Safe training....see you around town! Oh and blast up Mauna Kea!!

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Bree told me about your new blog (I just saw your Myspace - nice pics and music). You make me feel ancient, although it's getting to train with and hang out with the likes of you and Bree that helps prevent the onset of dementia.
Hope you have a great bike race. If I was in Hawai'i, I would very much try to do it.

Randy said...

Hey Cody, Although you are already racing while I'm posting this good luck! Make the outer island guys suffer!!!

Great blog.

Nottage Family said...

so........you are gonna plow through lane 2 at Masters so you can swim with the fast fishies eh? Well.....Naughty's not gonna make it ez........

Waiting for the results....can't wait cause you are a very powerful cyclist and runner.....I only wish I could dream of catchin you there.....maybe finish in the same county would be good:)

You rock Cody......glad to read your blog and believe me; I have immense respect for your abilities...you haven't even seen your potential even remotely yet...I am sure of this.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!