Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kayak Fishing!

SATURDAY, The day after the 5 hour ride on the Cervelo I had the group ride. The group ride is always fun! I rode for about an hour before the group ride because I had to do 4 hours total and then go to work. The group ride usually takes about 2 hours, so I was planning on riding another hour afterwards. We started easy as usual until we reached the airport and then it was time to do work. I decided to dictate the pace and whoever wanted to follow was more than welcome. I could hear cranks turning behind me, but kept on pedaling. On the last downhill, before the Veterans Cemetary Kris Kaiser took a pull in the front. This was a much needed break for me! It gave me the vital 30 seconds to recover and then I pushed up the last hill. Kris attacked and I cranked up the gears, stood up and started to move. I slowly pulled away and finished the first stage strong. On the way to the scenic point it was deja vu. The same thing happened again with the same outcome. The way back to town from the scenic point got more interesting. Basically, I pushed everyone in a tough zone all the way back into town through sun, wind and rain. Everyone was probably hating me, but it was well worth the intense workout. I'm sure everyone was hurting just as bad as I was. It wasn't easy by anymeans! Rode for about another hour after the group ride and then it was off to work.

SUNDAY, was a tough day! Had a 3 hour ride then a 1:30 hour run. I decided to go South for some scenary. This is a tougher route with hills, but its exciting! I love cruising down Kealakekua Road at full speed. A couple of the turns get a little hairy when your doing 40+, but's Its a rush like no other! Roundtrip from my house this usually takes just under 2:30 hours, so I rode Alii Drive and then towards Queen K. and then back home for 3 hours. Transitioned to the run and set off at just above 7:00 minute mile pace. DAMN! I really have a problem with going out to fast. Trying to work on this so I dont kill myself during Ironman. Towards the later stages of my runs I tend to lose focus, yet another thing I'm trying to work on. Finished the run and went home satisfied!

MONDAY, a FULL DAY OFF! NOTHING! NADA! KAPUT! CHEEHOOO! I worked in the morning and had the afternoon off. Went spot lighting in some ponds at night and caught some fish and a white eel for my aquarium. SWEET!

TUESDAY, Finally, to the Kayak Fishing! Work was slow today so I went Kayak Fishing with a buddy. It was so much fun! We palud' or (Chummed) the water all around us to start a feeding frenzy. We caught some snappers or (Onaga). After, about 3 hours we had enough and headed in. I caught the biggest one around 3Ibs. Can't wait for dinner tonight! When you order these at the restaurant they cost around $30 a plate. SCORED!

Afeter the kayak fishing, I had yet another bike to run brick. This is awesome keep um coming. Went smooth and it was easy and not to long. TIME TO COOK THE FISH!

ALOHAAAA!!!!

0 comments: