Monday, August 18, 2008

A WEEK IN REVIEW....

It's been a week since my last post. Time for a little catch-up. Since the "Sea to Stars" race I've been busy training and entertaining family here for a wedding. Things have been pretty hectic lately. Work has been slow, which is good and bad. Good because it leaves time for training and bad because I'm not making any money. We had some family members fly in early in the week for a wedding. I've been showing them around, diving, good sights around the islands, beaches, etc.. This all meant training at 4:00am using the old Hawaiian navigation of Stars. Having blinking lights on my bike so cars can see me, not being able to see rocks or anything on the road for that matter. The plus side of riding really early is its nice and cool out. Training is getting longer with 5 and 6 hour days, which is usually a long ride and run. One of the days was a 4 hour ride and 1 hour run. I started at 4:00am and meet up with Bree around 6:00am for her 2 hour ride. She had repeats of 10 x 4 minutes at zone 4. This was no problem and I was feeling great, especially after eating my secret weapon the "POP TART". I noticed Bree didn't put something funny that happened in her blog after we turned around at the scenic, so I'll do the honors and spill the beans. HAHA! BREE! We were turning around crossing the highway and she says "I'm dangerous watch out", and we pull into the scenic to turn around. I hear a racket behind me and turn around and see Bree laying on the ground. She fell over like she saw Toby Maguire or something. HAHA! Luckily she was fine and only 2 people saw it, myslef and the guy driving the big green #18 repair truck. YOUR HILARIOUS BREE!!! I had to tell the story....
The wedding was great, we had very beautiful weather and a great sunset. The wedding was held at Kukio beach, which was amazing. I'll miss my Oklahoma friends that were here and can't wait to see them again. Their such great people, I love having them as a part of my life. It was a Great week and I'm looking forward to some intense training this week.

1 comments:

BreeWee said...

ha ha ha, that is so funny! Yep, I fell, it happens when my legs are pooped from trying to keep up with you!